Monday, June 05, 2006

Goodbye Bay Area

San Francisco and the bay looked unreal from the plane window. Like a beautiful land out of a Tolkien story (plus some skyscrapers). After a stressful week of packing and tearful goodbyes, the earth and sky conspired to give me a more stunning and serene send off than I could have ever hoped for.



As the plane ascended and whispered my last goodbye, I was surprised that I didn’t feel more sad. Instead, I felt fortunate. I felt lucky that I have the means and the ability to start this new adventure. Privileged that I live in a place where people can just pick up and start a new life across the country with nothing but a plane ticket. But most of all, blessed that I have such amazing friends, such a wonderful, loving family and such a beautiful part of the country to come home to.

Good bye Bay Area and everyone in it, you mean so many things to me. I promise I won’t stay away for long. My heart couldn’t stand it, I love you too much.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home