Thursday, November 05, 2009

Imagi-knit

One of my favorite yoga teachers, Rusty, holds a class in the Castro every Tuesday and Thursday morning from 9-10:30. On the rare days I can actually get myself out of bed before 8:30, I go to his ass-kicking class. I always leave that place sweaty and spent, feeling like I’ve had all my limbs ripped off and thrust through the part of my brain where I experience emotion. It’s common for his students to cry in Shevasana. It’s awesome.

It just so happens that my favorite knitting store, Imagiknit, is also located in the Castro. And, as a special treat for putting brain and body through Rusty’s class, I reward myself with the some new knitting supplies – a skein of yarn or some double-pointed needles – ya know, something really exciting.

The problem is that it only takes me about 15 minutes to get toweled off and changed after yoga, so by the time I ride my bike down to Imagiknit, it’s only 10:45. And the place doesn’t open until 11am. Which means that there have been more than a few mornings when the woman arrives to open up her knitting store and finds me eagerly waiting for her to unlock the doors.

Who waits outside a knitting store for it to open?

Audrey, that’s who.

1 Comments:

At 4:30 PM, Blogger QuarBy said...

radical word play

 

Post a Comment

<< Home