Monday, February 14, 2011

Last day in BA

Today is my last day in Argentina. We fly out of Buenos Aires in a few hours, so I took time today to appreciate all the things I will miss most about this city.

1. The bookstores. Buenos Aires has more bookstores per capita than any other city. I love this for two reasons. Firstly, because I think that is directly correlated to the intelligence of a city. And secondly, because I love going to bookstores. I can sit for hours and browse the titles. Of course, at the book stores here, I have no idea what they mean. But it can be fun to match the Spanish to popular English titles I’m familiar with. One bookstore in particular, El Ateneo, is the most beautiful bookstore I’ve ever seen.


2. Helado. Second to Italy and Birite Creamery, Buenos Aires has some of the best ice cream I’ve ever had.



As you can see, they're big fans of their Dulce de Leche.


3. 25 cent subway rides. You really just can’t beat that.



So chau for now Buenos Aires. Hopefully I’ll return someday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home