Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Unemployed, Overjoyed

My plan before I left was to hit the ground running. I was going to pound the pavement looking for a job from day one. I was worried that I’d get bored and depressed with nothing to do.

On the contrary, I’m loving it. I haven’t been unemployed for any lengthy amount of time in over six years and you know what? It’s super fun. I love having nothing to do. Granted, it’s only been a week. But so far, what a relief! Every day is a Saturday!

Today I woke up at 11, walked up the block to get some coffee with Itamar, and then we sat on the stoop drinking our coffee and reading the New York Times. I could really get used to this life of leisure.

Maybe I just won’t get a job after all. Now if only I can figure out how to pay the rent…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home