Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Rocking out

Does one get to old to attend rock concerts?

Last night I went to see Citizen Cope at the Independent. It was a great show. Though the singer isn’t exactly chatty, he still holds the audience’s attention with his sultry voice. But I was distracted from his crooning by a particularly fucked up girl in front of me. Balance wavering, arms flailing, I knew she was both drunk and stoned, and potentially something else.

Instead of being irritated (Stop bumping into me, bitch) or supportive (Yeah, that girl is having an awesome time), I was concerned for her safety (I hope her friends keep her from falling over. I hope someone else is driving). I think this is a sign that I may need to stop going to so many concerts. That and that my ears are still ringing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home