Thursday, March 06, 2008

Diary Thursday: romantic date

How many adults do you know that date high school seniors?

February 18th, 1992, Wednesday, 14-years-old, 11:41pm

I know I must be an adult; I'm dating a senior. Rodney asked me out on Monday night to go to dinner with him on Tuesday. I didn't know what to say, so I just said: "I guess." Then I decided I didn’t want to go, so I would just avoid him all day. But then I ran into him at lunch, so I was really fucked. After school he dragged me to the yearbook office where I felt incredibly dumb and wanted to die - of all the people to see in the darkroom, we saw Jolanka who hates Rodney. I was so embarrassed.

But once we got on the bus and went to my house, it was a different story. I don't believe I thought he was a dork, he's the sweetest guy. It was kind of a weird first date cause we just ended up hanging out at my house. We ate pizza with my family and played Nintendo a lot. But it was fun. Rodney was great with the dogs, great with my little sister, and great at Nintendo. He can be very romantic. The thing that's so weird is that he's so much more advanced than me. He's done everything – he's had tons of relationships and been in a gang fight! He makes me feel like a kid and yet he also makes me feel really grown up. It's a lot like Dirty Dancing.

Yes Audrey, so much like Dirty Dancing. Like that part in the movie when Baby and Johnny played that romantic game of Super Mario Brothers 3.

Also note: I sincerely doubt that Rodney was ever in a gang fight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home