Monday, February 25, 2008

Thirty-onederful

I wasn’t super excited about this birthday. More just annoyed at the fact that I was another year older. I never thought I would be that person that didn’t like their birthday.

Turns out I’m still not. I woke up this morning thinking, “Yay! It’s my special day! Everyone celebrate my existence.”

The problem is that I’ve only been at my job for a month and don’t really have friends here yet, so no one knows it’s my birthday. Which means, no extra special attention for me today. I’m trying to think of a subtle way to let people know. Stephanie suggested wearing a party hat around the office. Not a bad idea. Or I could send out a companywide email “It’s my birthday. Revere me.”

Luckily, this afternoon, a company-wide email was sent out and we all stood around in the kitchen eating vegan carrot cake.

Anyway, it was a better birthday than 14. At least mom bought the right kind of puffy paint.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home