Thursday, February 07, 2008

Diary Thursday: right in the chest

Time once again for Diary Thursdays and, in keeping with last week’s theme: let’s find the most embarrassing and personal stuff we can, here’s a doozy. We all have moments of massive realizations, and this was a particularly life-changing one.


November 11th, 1992, Wednesday, 15-years-old

You’re not going to believe this. Even I don’t believe it. I was suddenly hit with a wave of depression, or self pity, a sudden loss of self confidence. A sudden reality came screaming at me and hit me right between the eyes, or rather, right in my chest. My breasts are too big! I can’t believe I never realized this before. They’re huge, and they’re still growing.

Wait! This is absurd. Do you know what I’m doing? Oh my god, I’m letting what those guys said to me get to my head. But it was a compliment. Or was it? It’s stupid to be upset with one’s body because it’s not something that can be changed. Okay, I’m making a pact with myself here and now. I, Audrey, will be proud of my body no matter what. But boobs, PLEASE stop growing.

And I think back then, they were 32 C’s at most.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home