Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Local Artwork

It’s hard being the new girl at the office. It reminds me of high school when I would get caught without any friends to eat lunch with, so I’d just walk around for 45 mins rather than be caught sitting by myself. Now, at least, I’m not as bothered by hanging out on my own, but with the dismal weather we had last week, it still lead to a sad lunch situation.

I was walking through the drizzly grey last Thursday, feeling sorry for myself, when I came upon a lovely mural. My office is not in the nicest area, and I think this is exemplified by the spray-painted addition. But I have to admit, not only did this beautiful piece of artwork make me smile, it made my whole day. I caught it on my camera phone and now use it to cheer myself up when needed.



I know, cock and balls, not super original. But the way that it’s placed, the attention to detail, and the juxtaposition with the rest of the composition… I just love it. So much, in fact, that I decided to make it my desktop photo.

The thought crossed my mind that, seeing as I’m new at this company and I don’t know all the policies yet, perhaps I shouldn’t have a penis and testes dangling from my desktop. After some contemplation, I came up with a solution.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home