Monday, January 14, 2008

Dancing with Grandma

There is nothing my grandmother loves more than teaching people to dance. And there is nothing I love more than my grandma. This weekend, in a brilliantly planned afternoon, I got to introduce my friends to my grandma. And she got to introduce them to folk dancing, country western and a little bit of square dancing.



It was a truly memorable event – grandma had a great time, my friends had a great time, and I was overjoyed at the opportunity to meld two such important parts of my life into one music-filled occasion.



Grandma said to me as we were cleaning up, “My 95th birthday is in April and there is nothing I would love more than to celebrate it with another dance party.”

So it looks like we’re all heading out to my family’s studio again in a few months. Anyone who can make it to Berkeley then is invited.

As an added bonus. My dad came to record the whole thing on film. So you readers can share in the fun:

2 Comments:

At 2:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who says white people can't dance?!

 
At 12:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This was great to see. I was looking for your sisters in the crowd but didn't spot them. Grandma is amazing!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home