Thursday, December 27, 2007

Diary Thursdays are back

Yesterday I retrieved my big Tub o’ Journals from my mom’s basement.



It was not easy to find as I’d disguised it inside of boxes inside of boxes for fear that someone would find it and read all my most private musings. Because I’m sure that’s exactly what my mom wants to find out now – how I was feeling in 9th grade. There are, including all my mini-travel journals, exactly 29 books in this tub. Let the cringe fest begin. Here is today’s selection:

February 14th, 1991, 13 (almost 14) years old After dad dropped off at mom’s house his afternoon, I walked the dogs up to Codornices Park to see if my friends were still hanging out there. They were, including Peter. Now, let me explain Peter. He’s kind of a hippy and sometimes weird, but very friendly. He can act like a little kid, but he’s usually very sophisticated (he’s 15). He is usually very funny, but can be serious, especially when talking about war or violence (he is a very strong pacifist). He’s very sweet and nice and I like him a whole lot. The problem is that he’s really popular, which is intimidating me ‘cause he’s like way out of my league. I never get a chance to talk really talk to him alone ‘cause he’s always surrounded by people. But today I talked to him for 2 minutes with no one around. We didn’t say anything interesting, but that’s the first time he’s shown any interest in me what so ever. Actually, he wrote me a note a few days ago. He took out a piece of paper at school and said “Okay, anyone who wants me to write them a note, sign here.” So I did, along with 15 other people. So he wrote me a 6 sentence note. It was a nice note though, so I wrote him a 1 ½ page note. I was supposed to give it to him today but I got scared. I really don’t know what of. Something like, “Maybe he really hates me and my note is too long.” I like to pretend he like-likes me, but really there’s no possible way he could. I don’t know why I just wrote two pages about Peter, it’s not like I’m totally sprung off him, I’m just in that sort of mood. Maybe ‘cause it’s Valentines Day.

Or maybe ‘cause he showed interest in my for a whole two minutes.

2 Comments:

At 6:55 PM, Blogger Pete Nicely said...

Thursday is now my favorite day.

PS: Tell your grandma that only Asians are on Jdate these days.

 
At 2:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I totally forgot about "sprung." Thanks for reminding me of this nonsensical term.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home