Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Miracle of lights

Last night I sat in my house feeling like a bad Jew. It was the seventh night of Hanukkah and though I’d spent the weekend buying a Christmas tree with my roommates…



Carrying it home…


And decorating it with the to go menus that people leave on our porch (Yeah, reduce reuse, recycle)…



I had yet to celebrate one night of Hanukkah. It wasn’t my fault; I didn’t have a menorah. I was filled with Hanukkah Guilt instead of Hanukkah Gelt. It’s not like I’m totally denying my roots, I am half Christmas. But the Hanukkah side was definitely feeling neglected.

So I hopped on my bike and rode down to Cliff’s Variety Store. Side note about Cliff’s – it’s the best store ever. They have everything. EVERYTHING. From key rings to pizza stones to crown moulding hangers. I knew they would have a lovely selection of menorahs.

I was right.



Happy 8th night of Hanukkah everybody.

1 Comments:

At 5:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is a helluva menorah. Very nice.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home