Monday, December 17, 2007

Messy

My favorite thing about working in San Francisco, and working as a freelance copywriter specifically, is that I don’t have to get dressed up for work. Specifically, I can wear a fleece. In New York, people don’t even wear fleeces to the store. It’s just not done, as far as I could see. People are too stylish.

Here, people kinda just don’t give a shit. But I think that sometimes I take that a bit too far. Last week I took off my sweater in the office to realize that I was wearing a T-shirt covered in mysterious stains. Combine that with gaping hole in the crotch of my jeans, the black hoody I’ve been wearing for three weeks and my unwashed hair. And I marvel at how I actually walked out of the house like that.

It's a good thing I have roommates or else I probably wouldn't even put on any pants.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home