Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Copy that “cells”

Last night was another fun return to 7th grade – cells, exponents and 13-year-olds.

As I’m sure you can imagine, in my career as an advertising copywriter, I deal with things like chloroplasts and mitochondrion on a fairly regular basis. So obviously I’m the perfect person to be answering questions like: “What’s the different between smooth endoplasmic reticulum and rough endoplasmic reticulum?”

“Endowhatty reticuhuh?” I don’t think the kids were impressed by my blank stare. This was after I had already called up my sister the math major twice to ask what zero exponents were and what’s the scientific notation 53,000,000 (X0 = 1, and 5.3x109).

But I was able to teach the kids something last night. Something much more useful than knowledge about exponents and cell membranes. Something called Google.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home