Friday, December 14, 2007

Thank you for being a friend

Imagine that someone took all of your most favoritest things, combined them in a fabulous two-hour show, and invited you to sit down and watch with a glass of wine and some friends.

That’s what happened to me last night.

I got to witness a live drag performance of the Golden Girls Christmas episode staged in a beautiful Victorian in Hayes Valley.

The Golden Girls. Drag queens. Christmas. And throw in a gorgeous Victorian. It all seemed to good to be true.

My expectations were extremely high. And I can say with confidence that these four ladies, especially Blanche, surpassed them. I was SO impressed. They performed not one, but two episodes, word for word. And the costumes were amazing.

After the show, Molly and I approached Blanche, awestruck, and asked to take a photo with her. I mean seriously, how awesome is she? Check out the fucking sweater!



I know, you’re so jealous right now.

1 Comments:

At 12:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't wait until OUR holiday skit. Do I get to be baby jesus or mrs. roper?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home