Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Making a difference where I can

“This new job is making me way too sensitive about the environment. I want to get ice cream, but I can’t handle the fact that this place uses plastic cups, and non-biodegradable spoons.”

“If you really want to be sustainable, get a cone.”

“But Jess, that’s more sugar.”

“What do you care about preventing more - pollution or muffin top*.”

“I’ll have that in a cone please.”

“Good choice.”

“I want you to know that I ordered beer on tap last night, instead wasting a bottle or a can. Also I plan on ordering all my soup in bread bowls. AND, next time I have a party, I’ll get a keg instead of 6-packs.”

“What about the cups for the keg?”

“I’ll make everyone do keg stands.”

“Wow, Audrey. You’re really doing your part.”

“I try.”

*For those not in my generation that haven’t heard the term “Muffin top.” Here’s the definition. If you don’t know what a keg stand is, you’re on your own.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home