Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Proposition R

Though it occurred over a week ago, I have to add one more post about the election.

Even if you that don’t have the pleasure of voting in San Francisco, you should still get to enjoy the joke that is our ballot. We had 22 propositions for the city this year. TWENTY-TWO. All represented by letters of the alphabet, they went up to V. I’m not kidding.

Luckily, many of them did not pass, including this doozy of an idea:

Proposition R: Shall the City change the name of the Oceanside Water Pollution Control Plant to the George W Bush Sewage Plant?

How could I vote no on an issue where the “Rebuttal to Arguments Against” was a haiku:

Need Bush memor'l?
Sewage plant available
How appropriate

More info here.
I love my city.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home