Saturday, April 04, 2009

Cleansing

I’ve been on a cleanse for almost two weeks now. No, not the horrific Master Cleanse. This one is the Oprah diet, (God, when I write it out like that it sounds so shallow). But really, it’s just about being more aware of what you eat. The diet is vegan (no meat, dairy or eggs) and nothing fun (alcohol, sugar, or caffeine) and the trickiest part, no wheat/gluten, which is surprisingly in everything – from soy sauce to many soups.

What does that leave to eat? Plenty of stuff. I’ve been eating stirfries and quinoa, lentils and kale, smoothies and peanutbutter. These are all the all the things I ate before anyhow, only now I’m more aware of them because I’m not drunk all the time – kidding, kidding. Mom, I don’t drink THAT much. In fact I haven’t had a single drink in two whole weeks. Two whole weeks! And no sugar either.

I’m going to reward myself with a margarita… in Mexico.

No really, I leave tomorrow for a yoga retreat in Mexico. Will not be blogging for at least a week (like that’s anything new). Will blog in a week and tell you how it went.

1 Comments:

At 11:04 PM, Anonymous Dad said...

Lentil and kale smoothies - I just love them!

Sorry we didn't get together this week. If I had known about the kale smoothies - I would have been there in a heartbeat!

We four parents had dinner Saturday night - isn't it great your parents get along with their exes!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home