Friday, March 23, 2007

What a difference a day makes

After the disaster that was Wednesday (eight hours of wearing wet jeans to see a soggy and grey Milford Sound) I decided to approach things differently. I couldn't change the weather, but I could change my plans.

Thursday morning I woke up to the most beautiful day in New Zealand yet. My friends and I were scheduled to depart on a bus at 8am but at the last minute, we told the driver we would not be leaving Queenstown just yet. Instead, we booked a scenic flight over Milford Sound and the surrounding national park.

I can't believe the difference the weather makes. It was an entirely different place. An entirely different experience. And, thankfully, an entirely different Audrey. Let me illustrate:

Milford Sound on Wednesday.


Milford Sound on Thursday.



Audrey on Wednesday.



Audrey on Thursday.



Natalie and Dominic on Wednesday.



Natalie and Dominic on Thursday.

See what I mean?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home