Thursday, January 29, 2009

Laid off

It's starting to sound repetitive more than anything else. The whole country is being laid off. So while I want to feel sorry for myself, bitter toward my company or concerned for my future. The feeling that comes up first is unoriginality. Can you not even give me that, stupid economy?

I don’t blame my company for shutting down my department, nor myself for not seeing this coming, nor my friends that still have their jobs.

I blame Bush. Because, well, why not?

Everyone says now is a good time to travel. But have you looked outside in San Francisco recently? It's gorgeous. 70 degrees and sunny. The park is calling me more than a plane. I just need a few freelance gigs to get by for the next months (year?) till the economy picks up. So hire me.

1 Comments:

At 1:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear that such creative talent is being tossed away by corporate America. They will pay! Just not right now.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home