Monday, May 04, 2009

Reality TV - 1, Audrey – 0

I’ve been in Southern California since Thursday. The land where people make TV. But they don’t just make TV, they live, talk, breathe and eat TV. I spent the weekend in a house with 10 girls that loved to talk about television. Watching television, producing television, gossiping about the people on television. And, I’m not gonna lie, I was bored to tears. Mostly because I can’t keep up. The only TV I watch at home is the Daily Show. And Jon Stewart didn’t come up in conversation once. The shows that were discussed were other such compelling programs such as American Idol, Gossip Girl, the Hills, and other shows that I’ve never seen. And, to be honest, I thought were pretty much a waste of time.

Everything from “Daisy of Love” on VH1 to “Conjoined Twins” on TLC. And I’ll tell you, it was awesome. As long I’m with other people and can make fun of the people on the screen, watching TV can actually be really fun.

That doesn’t mean I’m going to make it a habit at home. I still have way more productive ways to pass the time, like g-chatting, Twittering, and updating my status on Facebook.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home