Monday, April 20, 2009

Casa Verde

My name is Audrey. I’m 32 years old. And I am a groupie.

The band is called Casa Verde. And they’re the most amazing band I’ve ever seen. Ever.



I’ve been in Mexico, what? About two weeks? (I’ve lost track of time). And I’ve seen Casa Verde play no less than five times (at three different bars). You know it’s bad when I walk into the club and the band waves to me.

I know every word to every song. I sing along even though I have no idea what they mean. I am their friend on Myspace. I bought their CD and have uploaded every song into my iTunes. I dance in the front row and swoon over the band members, though I’m having a hard time deciding whose babies I want to have more:

The sweaty lead singer,



Or the mustachioed trumpet player.



I have tried to talk to them a few times, but none of them speaks a lick of English and my Spanish is less than perfect. So far we’ve been able to discuss our love of music and hats. The Saturday night’s conversation went like this:

Audrey: (in Spanish) Me gusta la musica.

Lead singer: (in English) I like hats.

I think it’s love.

They leave today to continue their tour around Mexico. I’m heartbroken. Perhaps I will follow their tour van.



Here is a clip of them playing. The sound is poor in this video, so it doesn't quite do them justice, (but you can see how sexy the trumpet player is). The song is about how they want love (from me). I can't understand the other lyrics, but I think they're about the sexy American girl that shows up at all their concerts. Maybe you can clarify this, Eliza?

1 Comments:

At 6:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh dear,
your writing about the casa verde band made me so happy and a lot of my other german friends as well!
we had an awesome time in mazunte and saw them playing every second night.the choice was hard for me too.i met them also in san cristobal and palenque and was totally in love then! always with a lot of music and spirit they cross mexiko and we thought to bring them once to berlin where we run a club called bar25.de
it is getting harder now as long as there is this flu going around but we are all with them!
greetings to san francisco from kat and all the other casa verde lovers

 

Post a Comment

<< Home