Thursday, September 10, 2009

Returning to the land of pubs

At this time eleven years ago, I was on my way to Scotland for my junior year abroad. I had been to the UK once before, and was excited to return to the land of “tellie” and “footie” and “a cuppa.” How do the Brits make everything sound so charming?

My year spent at Stirling University was my best year of college. The campus was beautiful and the people I met were amazing. Instantly friendly, welcoming and fun, I made some great friends in a short period of time. I learned so many life-long skills from them, like how to drink beer. And how to drink whiskey. But most of all, how to drink vodka.

I’ve managed to stay in touch with these worldly friends off and on through email and Facebook. A few came to visit me when I lived in LA, but I haven’t seen any of them in almost ten years. I’m now returning to London (where most of them have since moved) to drink a pint, or two or seven, with my old mates. I can’t wait.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home