Monday, August 24, 2009

New roommate

It started when Molly and I took him home from bookclub. Finding him on sale him at a yard sale, Bethany, the host that month, had thought he’d be an appropriate addition to our discussion of “Dreams from my Father.” As it turns out, the life-size cardboard cut-out of Barack Obama proved to be more frightening than fun.

My roommate Rich came home late at night to find a male figure standing in the darkness of the hallway and nearly wet his pants.


The next afternoon, I pulled back my covers to find Barack’s smiling face on my pillow.

So I took him out of my bed and put him in the shower. Which was a little creepy.


Then Rich put him in the laundry room, where Molly stumbled upon him while washing her clothes.

Text from Molly to Audrey: Obama just scared the crap out of me.

Text from Audrey to Molly: You and middle America.

Next I put him in Rich’s closet, so he could prepare for Burning Man.


After eating take out pizza and karaoking with him last night, he’s just become a regular part of the family.



Which just goes to show you, people become a lot less scary and intimidating once you get to know them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home