Monday, July 06, 2009

Happy America Day

I’ve always enjoyed the 4th of July as a holiday, another excuse to drink beer and barbecue. But I’ve always been a little wary of the whole patriotism thing, the blind support of an entire country and it’s government. I’ve always found ways around it, such as the Red Neck, White Trash, Blue Collar party from a few years back.



But this year, being proud of my country and my government for the first time in a while, I actually decided to go full out. I joined the rest of the “real” Americans and went houseboating.



That means all the long weekend I motored around Lake Shasta eating hotdogs and drinking Budweiser NOT ironically. It was actually kinda fun.



Though, I had to ignore all my nagging environmentally conscience thoughts and vegetarian tendencies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home