Thursday, June 25, 2009

Tribute



There was a time in my life when I only listened to two records (yes, they were on vinyl): Madonna’s True Blue and Michael Jackson’s Thriller. My friends and I choreographed dances to every song on every album. When we weren’t dancing, we’d loving gaze at Michael’s photo on the inside cover, though I think back then I was more excited by the baby tiger.

Every Michael Jackson song from that era defines an entire section of my life. Every misunderstood lyric was a joke I shared with my sister. Every chorus, a dance move I shared with a friend. My current cell phone ringtone is Billy Jean. As if to remind me every time I get a call that the world lost someone truly special today.

I’ve always appreciated MJ’s contributions to the world. And have still have love for him, even though he was a total nutbar. This line from the news sums it up best: : “Michael is survived by three children: Michael Joseph Jackson, Jr., Paris Michael Katherine Jackson and Prince "Blanket" Michael Jackson II.”

Good bye Michael Jackson. We’ll miss you! Thanks to you, I'll always know how funky strong my fight is.

1 Comments:

At 11:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm a little sad too. Thank you for writing about your memories.

Dad

 

Post a Comment

<< Home