Thursday, July 16, 2009

Knit happens

I’ve been feeling a little stagnant with this whole no job thing and all, so I decided to take on a new activity: knitting.

Why knitting? No reason. I think my grandma taught me how to knit when I was a kid, so it was easy to draw on that old, hidden knowledge and get right back into it (with the help of my roommate, Molly, my sister, Katie, and my cousin/sister, Renna). I like it because (a) it’s calming and (b) I can do it while doing other things, like watching TV or talking to people, and (c) I feel like I’m being productive.

So now I have a new hobby. Well, it’s a hobby like heroine is a hobby. I can’t stop knitting! I learned exactly one week ago and already I’ve completed two items: an oddly-shaped scarf, and a wine-cozy. At this point, I’ve run out of yarn, so it’s back to the knitting store, where I’m sure I’ll pick up all kinds of knitting paraphernalia to help me sink deeper and deeper into my new habit.

Behold – my first creations!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home