Sunday, June 25, 2006

Las Cucarachas

We have some uninvited houseguests. We’re not entirely sure what they are, but they’re big, brown, six-legged and are certainly not contributing to rent. After some Internet research, the jury is still out as to whether or not they’re cockroaches, but they’re definitely not pretty.

Our fifth sighting was last night and rather ill-timed. My mother was visiting and came screaming and running out of the bathroom. “Welcome to my new house, mom. Apparently, we live in squalor.”

I went in to find the culprit on the wall next to the toilet, contentedly waving his long antennae at me as if to say, “This is my bathroom, bitch. And to prove it, I’m going to invite all my friends over.”

Shortly after his unspoken threat, he was squashed by a shoe, exploding roach guts all over the walls. Ick.

I’m hoping I killed him before he got a chance to send the evite out to all his roach friends.

3 Comments:

At 10:34 PM, Blogger Terri G said...

ewwww!...hopefully it is just a beetle. Yeah. A bettle of some sort.

 
At 9:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

in hawaii we called them "water bugs." it sounds very much like a water bug....

 
At 6:34 PM, Blogger Audacious said...

Yes, they are in fact, water bugs. And "Water bug," as our internet research taught us, is a fancy name for cockroach. No winning with these little suckers.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home