Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Second Day

I used to get nervous about starting a new job. But I realize now, that it never gets better. Being brand new is like having a get out of jail free card.

It's not hard to make a good first impression (especially when you’re as charming as I am ;). And when you do fuck up, no biggie. "Oops, sorry. It's my first day."

It's your fifth and sixth days you need to worry about.

"Are you lost trying to find the bathroom again?? But you've been here over a week!"

I did in fact get lost trying to find the bathroom yesterday. Three different times. I'm sorry, it's a big office – all the cubes look the same.

Other than that little snafu, my first day went incredibly well.T he people seem nice, the project is fun, and we got free pizza (a thinly veiled excuse to make the creatives work through lunch), and they really liked my work. But, most importantly, this office fulfills my one main requirement, far more critical to me than pay scale or hours – I’m allowed to wear flip-flops to work.

I may be a slave to corporate America. But my toes can wiggle freely.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home