Saturday, June 10, 2006

Shifting Gears

My bike has arrived.

I can’t believe I ever considered not bringing it here. I picked it up at Amtrack yesterday and rode it all over Brooklyn. It was a much better view than I’d been able to see from the subway and I was able to finally grasp the layout of Brooklyn and view city for what it was. The coolest city EVER!

I pedaled through the cutest yuppified babyvilles, to the hippest lanes lined with cafes, to the sketchiest ghettos, and through beautiful tree-filled Prospect Park all within a few miles.

Guess what else… There were NO HILLS. I know! Crazy, right?

One would think that with neighborhoods called “Park Slope” “Brooklyn Heights” and “Boerum Hill” there would at least be a minor grade. Nope. Flat as a 10-yearold girl. It’s a whole new bike-riding experience.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home