Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Writing the evite reminder for our French Party.

ME: How do you spell Jaques Cousteau? And who was that famous French mime?
CATE: Dunno. I think the evite reminder is fine as it is. Anything more will be overkill. I don't think we need to mention Cousteau or mimes or any of that.
ME: I was gonna replace your french fry and french maid ideas with Jacques Cousteau and... um... that mime dude.
CATE: I think maid and fry are cute.
ME: Marcel Marceau!!!
CATE: I think maid and fry are cute.
ME: But he's the world's GREATEST mime!
CATE: Yeah but it's not as random. Dressing up like a french fry is just funnier than dressing up as a french mime.
ME: Did you know that he's Jewish and was forced to flee in the 2nd world war?
CATE: I did not know this. That is also not so funny.
ME: FYI, Marcel Marceau was married three times and has four children.
CATE: Can you research him after you send out the witty evite reminder. At least keep SOMETHING I wrote like say... french maid and french fry.
ME: Okay, I don't want to use french maid, because I might actually use that costume. But I'll keep french fry.
CATE: you are seriously going to dress as a maid? I thought those were two costumes people would never do!
ME: eh, maybe.
CATE: Really? Well like I said, chicks dig any excuse to dress like a slut, just like Halloween.
ME: Or maybe I'll be a sexy mime.

2 Comments:

At 2:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What's funny about this is not the actual conversation, but that you guys are both doing this while at work. Being paid. Handsomely.

 
At 10:04 AM, Blogger QuarBy said...

the phrase "sexy mime" is redundant. mimes are inherently sexy.

also, this is an egregious example of you not staying on task at work!! I think i'm going to cry about it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home