Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Pete and Repeat

Spending last week with my relatives reminded me how incredibly large our family is. Thanks to the rhythm method, or what the Catholics call "birth control" I have over 60 cousins. Sixty! We could be a small country. So I guess it's not surprising that in such big a group, some names would repeat. But what baffles me is exactly how many names repeat.

My extended family includes:
2 Petes
2 Gays
2 Ellens
2 Nathans
2 Jeffs
2 Stellas (if you count my mom's dog)
3 Matts
3 Katies
2 Annas, 1 Annie and 1 Anne
And, the sadest fact of all, TWO Audreys, making me "BIG Audrey" or "OLD Audrey" - neither of which I am too fond.

There are more than 60 American names, people... come up with something NEW.

2 Comments:

At 1:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. I have one cousin. His name is Patrick and he lives in Denmark.

 
At 6:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was reading the post below this one, so the top of the page started with your extended family list and 2 gays. I was wondering why you'd categorize my parents that way and why you hadn't listed 3 sisters who aren't really sisters as part of your extended family. maybe you should write a post about the berkeley side of your family.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home