Tuesday, November 14, 2006

SO not the same thing

me: are you going to the bar tonight?
Claire: I dunno, you?
me: Yeah, I think so. But I'm probably going home first for dinner.
Claire: I was gonna make a taco salad... interested?
me: a taco salad, eh? What does that involve?
Claire: oh not too much… some ground turkey, taco seasoning, cheese, refried beans, sour cream, etc.
me: refried beans in a salad?
Claire: yep
me: aren't they kind of a weird consistency to put over lettuce?
Claire: I use tortilla chips
as the "lettuce"
me: waaaaait, a minute...
This is no salad.
This is nachos.
liar!
Claire: Do you want some or not!!!!!!!!!??????
me: sure. I probably won't be home till closer to 8 though cause I wanted to go to the gym after work.
Claire: I can have it ready at 8:00.
me: thanks, honey.
Claire: your welcome dear.
geesh.

4 Comments:

At 4:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I realize this was a real conversation and therefore is not open for rewriting, but here's what your button on that SHOULD be:

Audrey: I won't be home till 8 because I wanted to go to the gym after work.
Claire: what gym do you go to?
Audrey: oh, I use lying on the couch and eating nachos for my "gym."

 
At 4:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The problem with that is, I would never ask Audrey what gym she goes to because I've never been IN a gym myself. I just like to feed my friends refried beans so that they feel like they HAVE to go to the gym.

 
At 5:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I bet Claire's famous "cheesecake" doesn't actually have any cheese in it either.

 
At 1:20 PM, Blogger stephanie said...

correct cate. claire's cheesecake is actually made with equal parts love and crack.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home