Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Fancy Pants

This weekend, I took the opportunity of being in Canada to purchase some very expensive, very fancy Canadian workout pants. These fancy pants boast all kinds of special features like "chafe-free flat seams," "4-way stretch" and "quick-dry wicking action."

None of these hyphenated features matter to me though. The reason I spent the $86 plus tax (that's 86 Canadian dollars, mind you, which is only 82% of $86 in real money), is because they make my butt look good. And that is the one and only reason for LuLuLemon's vast success. (note: not my butt pictured below.)



These fancy new gym pants are part of a ploy to get myself to the gym more often. A bribe, if you will - I'm only allowed to wear the ass-flattering pants while I'm working out.

How sad is it that I must bribe myself to perform what should be regular healthy activities? If you exercise, you get to wear the fancy Canadian pants. If you get out of bed in the morning, you get to watch Golden Girls with your cereal. If you make it through a day of writing about constipation, you get to have a vodka-soda after work.

You can already tell what kind of mother I'm going to be.

5 Comments:

At 2:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd love to know why lululemon's sizes are as such:

m - 8
l - 10
xl - 12

I mean come on. Is a size 10 really "large"? I think I'm protesting. Fuck lululemon. They're not getting my 86 bucks (we'll temporarily suspend the reality that I don't have 86 bucks. if I did, I SWEAR I wouldn't buy that shit. besides, they only sell them in the marina).

But I'm glad your ass looks hot. Every girl deserves a pair of hot-ass pants.

 
At 2:29 PM, Blogger Audacious said...

Ah, but they're in fact only $72 in real dollars.

 
At 8:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

And only $12 when you use your roommate's $60 store credit because even fancy Canadian pants can't make *her* ass look good. :(

 
At 11:38 AM, Blogger Jules said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 12:26 PM, Blogger grensley said...

don't get me started about these pants... because i love them and i'm embarassed that i love them so much.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home