Friday, October 27, 2006

When I grow up, I wanna be Heather.

After almost five months of successful daily blogging, I think it's time I paid homage to the woman who inspired me to start blogging in the first place. She’s smart, she’s funny, and she’s one of the most successful bloggers on the interwebs today.

Her name is Heather Armstrong, aka dooce.com. Though I've never met her, spoken to her, nor even received a response email, I consider her to be one of my closest friends, as do millions of other readers. She manages to open up to her online audience with a candor and charm that I rarely get from anyone I encounter on a daily basis.

Her posts are so humorous, poignant and endearing that she's able to support her family - husband, daughter and dog - by selling advertising space on her blog. Basically, she's my idol.

Heather was recently featured on the front page of her city's newspaper:
The Salt Lake Tribune. If you have time to read a long article, it's worth the read. It discusses how her blogging affected her family (her parents stopped speaking to her), her job (she got fired) and her life (she ended up being hospitalized for severe clinical depression). See why I want to be just like her??? But the article also explains that over time, her blogging has brought her family closer together and become her fulltime job.

She also balances all kinds of food and objects on her dog's head. What a star!

1 Comments:

At 9:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you can try to pretend that brooklyn does halloween better than the castro (and I have to admit that those dogs are pretty fucking cute), but I know that you know that san francisco is the city that REALLY knows how to throw a good party on the most hallowed of eves. This yellow-winged Siberian bat will be thinking of you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home