Wednesday, October 25, 2006

They never use my good stuff.

I consider myself to be a talented copywriter. I joke around a lot, but when it comes to writing good copy, I can focus and be productive. However, with this particular assignment, I’m having a hard time taking the work seriously. I recognize that chronic constipation is a real problem for many people. But dude, I'm writing about poop.
I think the art director with whom I’m working, we’ll call him “Ken,” is getting annoyed.

ME: I have an idea for a headline.

KEN: What?

ME: At ______, we understand that you don’t have time for this crap. Get it? Crap?

KEN: I’ve been working on this client for two years. I’ve heard it all.

ME: How about this one – “Chronic constipation can be a real pain in the ass.”

KEN: Believe me, after two years, it stops being funny.

ME: “You say you have chronic constipation, but your doctor thinks you’re full of shit.”

1 Comments:

At 12:36 PM, Blogger grensley said...

i haven't looked at your blog forever, so i decided to do so over my lunch break. let me tell you, ibs is not something that should read about over lunch. i think i threw up a little in my mouth with the "rectal bleeding" comment. oh well. thank god i was eating brussel sprouts, the natural way to stay regular.

thanks again

 

Post a Comment

<< Home