Tuesday, November 07, 2006

The return of old friends (and I mean old)

I have a new habit. And this one is less disgusting then biting my nails. It involves four very sexual old ladies. Okay, maybe it is more disgusting than the nail biting. No, don't get any pervy ideas, I'm talking about the Golden Girls.

See, I'm trying to be better about eating breakfast before I leave the house in the morning. This new goal has been made easier by the cable TV in our living room; a few weeks ago I discovered that Golden Girls reruns play on Lifetime everyday at 9am (with another episode at 9:30, although that's when I have to leave for work).

I hate waking up early. But I bribe myself into getting out of bed with the promise of those four lovable ladies with my bowl of cereal. It's become such a habit that my brain now associates the taste of Kashi with Sophia's witty remarks. And I can't even think of walking to the subway without first hearing Bea Arthur's sweet, manly voice.

It brings back fond memories; Golden Girls was one of my favorite shows when I was little. I’ve really traveled down the road and back again with those girls. What I'm really trying to say is: if the Golden Girls threw a party, and invited everyone they knew. They would see the biggest gift would be from me, and the card attached would say: “Thank you for being a friend.”

3 Comments:

At 11:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

auds...i have like 50 episodes on DVR. you should come over and watch with me. i wanna share my favorite ones with you...1) blanche and sophia fight over the same guy (fidel, the cuban smoking sweet talker); 2) dorothy out sings blanche at the rusty anchor; and 3) Blanche gives up sex. LOVE THEM ALL! welcome to my world of geriatric humor.

terryl

 
At 8:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG I have been listening to Terryl obsess over the Golden Girls for years now and now you're telling me I have to hear it right here in my own home!?

Ok, ok, fine I admit it -- I love them too. I'm gonna be Sophia when I grow up.

 
At 12:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Auds, you're a pal AND a confidant!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home