Thursday, November 09, 2006

Ah, to be thirteen again.

Thursday is now Diary Day. Why? Because I posted an old journal entry last Thursday, and why not continue the weekly embarrassment? What I find most entertaining about these heartfelt entries is that I really truly thought I was being extremely deep.

That’s the fun thing about being a teenager – you actually believe you were the first person to have the thoughts and feelings that in fact every other teenager in the entire world has thought and felt. But you don’t know that, not just yet.

Today’s shocking revelation: “War is really terrible.”


Wednesday, October 10th, 1990, 13-years-old

Dad’s making us watch this TV program about the Civil War. It’s not as boring as I thought it would be, but it’s depressing. War is really terrible, but the show was neat because the soldiers kept diaries and they were neat to hear. Still, the Civil War was completely pointless.

I think I’m gonna be a bottle of shampoo for Halloween and Susannah’s gonna be conditioner. Jules is gonna be soap and Amy will be mousse or hairspray or something.


Yes, the Civil War – pretty much had no point. Cardboard Halloween costumes – filled with meaning for the future of America.

1 Comments:

At 8:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

a picture of 13-year-old audrey is required next week. extra embarrassment!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home