Thursday, November 16, 2006

Thirteen-year-old Thursday

Continuing with Diary Thursdays, here is an excerpt that needs little intro. I call it, the Ben Saga, and these are just five entries of many, many in a long series that does not conclude until 8th grade when Ben moved to Nigeria.

February 14th, 1990


Well, I didn’t have the greatest Valentines’ Day ever! Ya know Ben, the guy I like (I really do like him now) well, I found out he doesn’t like Amber! He likes Liz. They’re going together or something. They danced together the whole Valentines’ Day dance.

February 15th, 1990

So, it turns out that Liz’ friend Julie set them up. I guess what happened is Liz liked Ben, so Julie wrote him a note telling him so. And I don’t know if Ben liked Liz before that. She’s not particularly cute or anything. What if I told Ben that I liked him, would he go with me? We’re kinda friends, I always talk with him in History.

February 16th, 1990

I’m so happy! Guess what? Susannah (who it turns out is the one that set Liz and Ben up, not Julie) said that Liz liked Ben, but Ben didn’t like Liz! Well, just as a friend. But I know he likes me just as a friend, and I think maybe a little more. By the way, it wasn’t like my heart was totally broken or anything. I was just a little mad when I saw Liz and Ben together.

February 17th, 1990

I went to see a movie yesterday with Annie and the other Susannah. It was pretty dumb. But almost all the people there were from school (including Ben). Buy the way, I told Susannah (B.) that I liked Ben. She didn’t really say anything.

February 18th, 1990

Today was great. Ben said hi to me like seven times.


Since reading this, I've been trying to figure out how one person can say "hi" to one other SEVEN times in one day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home