Tuesday, December 05, 2006

40 degrees

It’s official, Winter is here. And New York is coooold.

I would like to thank Al Gore for the extra month of warm weather in November. But that, alas, is over. It’s fun though – watching the crowds hurry by in their stylish coats and hats. Always stylish, those New Yorkers.

I like the cold; it makes coffee that much warmer and soup for lunch that much more enjoyable. It makes my bed that much cozier and the holiday decorations that much more appropriate.

Soon I’ll have to start lighting the fireplace in my bedroom (and I don’t mean that metaphorically, I really have a fireplace in my bedroom).

And if you've already experienced an East Coast winter, you can keep your "This? This is nothing. It get's a lot worse, just wait and see" comments to yourself. I'm sure I'll be just fine.

1 Comments:

At 3:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pipe down, whippersnapper! Why, back in the winter of aught-aught, snow was piled far and high as the eye could see! And we didn't have none of yer fancy-pants iPods or YouTubes or BlogSpots or whatnot to keep us distracted! It was comedy central or play outside!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home