Monday, December 04, 2006

In which I used the word "doffed"

It's come to my attention that my workouts are getting shorter and shorter. That's partially due to the fact that work is getting busier and busier. But mostly because I'm finding the gym boringer and boringer.

Seriously, going to the gym is about as interesting as going to the movies. Only, instead of eating popcorn you lift dumbbells up and down. And instead of watching a movie, you watch sweaty people in spandex.

I've lost the drive. So, instead of stopping when I'm done, I stop when I'm bored. In other words, I now count putting on my gym clothes as working out.

Just now at lunch, I ran across the street to the gym, found a locker, doffed my slacks and sweater, donned my sports bra and Lululemon pants, sat there for a couple minutes, and then changed back and returned to the office (stopping at the café to buy lunch).

Well, that was a good workout. I must've burned at least ten calories lifting that sweater over my head. And the stairs down to the locker room are fairly steep.

I'm sooo in shape.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home