Monday, July 23, 2007

Accidental tourist

I was already satisfied with my weekend. It was Sunday evening and in the past 48 hours of heavenly weather, I’d been to the Siren Music Festival in Coney Island, the Bohemian Beer Garden in Astoria, a dance club in Manhattan and a free concert in Central Park. I was ready to return home to Brooklyn from another fun summer weekend in New York.

Matt and I had somehow ended up at the South Street Seaport, so we decided to take a boat across the East river to Brooklyn since it was such a pretty day out. We bought our $5 tickets and boarded the first Water Taxi to arrive. Turns out it was the wrong boat. We saw DUMBO, our expected destination, vanish in the distance behind us as our hour-long sunset tour of New York City commenced.









We never did make it to DUMBO, but it was one of the most amazing sunsets I’ve ever seen. A beautiful reminder of just how much I’ve come to know and love this city in the past year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home