Monday, July 16, 2007

Dancing on the Hudson

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. New York knows how to do summer. Out of all the free outdoor events I’ve been to in the last month, I think Friday takes the cake in pure wonderment. The music was amazing – the Globesonic DJs plus the Body Temple Drummers. But the crowd… oh the crowd… picture hippy Berkeley moms meets Upper Westside yuppies meets Burning Man. The smell of Channel perfume mixed with Patchouli flooded the warm night air on the Hudson River.

I tried to capture the insanity on video. It’s a little hard to see the gorgeous view and the wacky dancers, but make of it what you will. Shortly after this was taken, I switched from observer to participant, abandoning both my self-consciousness and my dignity to join the crazy mob for a couple hours of arm-flailing, rump-shaking hip-twisting madness. It was glorious.

And yes, those are bubbles you see floating across the screen.



We left shortly after Carolyn turned to me and said, “The guy with the fingerless, elbow-length velvet gloves and the bustier is really hot.”

Clearly, we stayed too long.

1 Comments:

At 9:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Audrey I'm with you.

I was there last Friday and I loved it. This is my third year going. I took a bunch of pictures and video. I have them posted here:
http://nycsummer.peakhollow.com

I'll be there again on 8/10 for more of the fun.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home