Thursday, July 05, 2007

Kaboom

As rooftop partiers huddled under umbrellas and barbecue charcoals sizzled with each raindrop, I was almost ready to call Fourth of July a bust and head back home. I was going to take the unfortunate weather as a sign that God does not, in fact love America as everyone seems to think. If he/she did, would God make in rain on America’s birthday?

But then, through a remarkable coincidence (divine intervention?) it cleared up right at 9:15pm, just in time for New York’s gorgeous firework display. I guess my theory will have to await further examination.

In the meantime, feel free to enjoy the firework highlights I’ve strung together from my digital camera. The view from the East Village roof was pretty good. And those Saturn-shaped fireworks, unreal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home