Sunday, September 23, 2007

Japanese memories

I realize that many of my Japanese postings were negative in tone. And yes, I had many mishaps and confusing times. But I do not blame this on Japan – it was more my fault for not speaking Japanese. I don’t want people like Filip, the rock and roll Polish dude that I jammed out with in Fukuaka on Tuesday night, to think that I don’t like Japan.

There are many things I loved about Japan. Here are the top ten:

1. Breakfast fish

2. Chanting monks

3. Giant Buddha

4. Mini sushi

5. Adorable street signs (see dejected cigarette with sad little hands in pockets)

6. Friendly deer

7. Friendly travelers

8. Their undying love of Hello Kitty (here HK is dressed like a giant, black egg)

9. Kyoto sunsets

10. And my number 1, favorite thing about Japan: Purikura (funnest photomachine ever!)


All that being said, it feels damn good to be home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home