Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Old friend

It’s funny how cities are so much like people.

Coming back to San Francisco has felt like seeing an old friend. A friend I really love. A friend I get and who gets me.

Of course, I still miss New York. New York is like the exciting hot guy you just started dating. It’s exciting. You’re not quite sure what to expect, but you’re having fun.

But San Francisco is comfortable. It’s beautiful. And, most importantly, it’s home. Now if I could only find a home here for less than a million dollars.

It struck me today how I decided to leave a great home and an awesome job to be homeless and unemployed. It’s a little bit crazy. And a little bit scary. But as I sit here in Dolores Park café, watching a guy practice his tightrope walking in the park across the street, I’m thinking that it’s one of the best decisions I’ve made in a long time.

And that I hope that guy hasn't quit his day job.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home