Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Fallen eyebrows

I walk the borderline between high and low maintenance. Actually, that’s not true. I’m low maintenance. I wear the same jeans every single day (well, every day that I put on pants). But I do have things done like pedicures, bikini waxes and eyebrow shaping. Most recently, I got my eyebrows threaded. It’s an ancient art originating in the middle east. Or India. Or somewhere mysterious like that.

Threading is like waxing, only it hurts a lot more, because each hair is plucked individually. So why do it? Because it lasts longer. I know, I didn’t believe that either when I heard it. But it’s true.

So, a couple weeks ago I headed downtown to get threaded. After fifteen torturous minutes of excruciating pain, I was recovering while the girl trimmed what was left of my brow.

“I’m going to put some eyebrow gel on you.”
“Eyebrow gel?”
“To keep your eyebrows from falling.”
“Falling off of what? On to what?”
“You don’t use eyebrow gel? I use it every day.”
“No really, where would my eyebrows fall to?”
“You know, down. They could fall down.”

Really? Is this something I need to worry about now? To add to my list of beauty concerns – wrinkles, pimples, dry skin, unwanted hairs – I now have to worry about my eyebrows falling down?

I think this may be the last time I get threaded by this girl.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home