Thursday, October 08, 2009

Lego land

I visited my friend, Lindsay, at the Google office when I was in New York. I’d been to that office before, and while I’ve always been extremely envious of the Google cafeteria, this time I found something new in the office to covet.

Legos. They had tubs and tubs of them. I was jealous.

But while I was at my mother’s house on Sunday, I had an idea. I don’t need to work at some fancy start-up gone success to be able to play with Legos. In my many years as a child, I amassed quite a collection. A collection that my mother’s been keeping for her grandchildren. Well, her grandchildren don’t exist yet. So for now, I’m taking ownership of the odd conglomerate of childhood toys. Including plastic army men, Playmobile furniture, the odd die or domino, and many, many, many Lego pieces. Pieces from all different sets… spaceship doors mix with truck tires mix with medieval knights and castles. I love it. It brings back a very happy time in my life when my sister and I would stay up hours past bedtime creating entire Lego worlds across our bedroom rug.

Now with my legos and my knitting, my life has become extremely busy. When will I find time to do yoga? Do you think I can bill this as creative processing time?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home