Sunday, January 09, 2011

Tango is hard.


Wes and I went to our first tango “lesson” today.

I’ve been Swing dancing. I’ve been to Salsa. I’ve taken jazz and tap and Bhangra. I know how this dance class thing works. I assumed the teacher would show us a few basic steps. Or at least explain the rhythm. But apparently that is not how tango is done.

Instead, the teacher just talked about the feeling of Tango. About the connection between the dancers. At least, this is what I think he talked about. But since it was all in Spanish, I’m just guessing (see earlier post about Spanish being hard).

So, Wes and I were left knowing no Tango at all. But we know the idea of Tango. As far as I can tell, it's kind of a free-for-all. But much harder.

Tango is hard. Spanish is hard. However, life in Buenos Aires is surprisingly easy. The clean and frequently-running subway cost 30 cents. Need I say more?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home