Monday, July 10, 2006

Let there be music

At last, I have retrieved my iPod Shuffle from the house in Park Slope where I left it a month ago. I thought Speedy had eaten the mini Apple masterpiece, until Itamar discovered it at the bottom of a bag of my sweaty gym clothes that I had left at his house. Yes, this is how I treat nice things.

Now my musical soundtrack can recommence - improving my quality of life immensely. This morning, as I walked down Dean Street to the subway, I wasn't just on my way to work. I was on my way to work... with music. It makes all the difference. I'm now the star of my own movie. And the song dictates the genre.

On the subway, everyone's plugged into their own soundtrack - whether it's upbeat pop, somber folk, angry punk, sultry R&B, soft classical. Everyone's movie is different. So many stories on the same train.

My cheesy Robbie Williams has definitely laid the scene for another exciting day in New York City. So far, it's involved sitting in the office and staring at a computer. Will the excitement never end? Sing it, Robbie!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home